CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 26, 2010

In Love With an Electronic Device

Get your minds out of the gutter - I'm not talking about that kind of electronic device. I'm talking about a Homedics Sound Spa Lullaby Sound Machine.


Over the past few weeks, Abbey has gone from sleeping one 5-6 hour stretch at night to waking up continuously every 2-3 hours. Luckily, we'd just plop her paci back in her mouth and she'd drift right off again, however, her new sleep schedule was certainly beginning to wear on us. Thank you (early) four month wakeful period!

As of this weekend, we couldn't take it anymore. Mike and I stopped at Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up one of these sound spas. As luck would have it, Abbey then slept from 9pm-5am Saturday night and then went back to sleep until 8am. Come Sunday night, she then slept for the same length of time. I finally feel as if I've been given my sanity back!

The machine is seriously awesome. It plays six sounds: rain, ocean, heartbeat, the Twinkle-twinkle Little Star song, Rock-A-Bye Baby song, and the Cradle Song. Additional features include an auto-off timer and a rotating picture projector that projects images of fish, stars, and animals onto walls or ceilings. The projector is so fun that I jokingly told Mike that I'm sleeping in the baby's room from here on out if we don't buy one of these for our room.

The best part? You can also use a BB&B 20% off coupon for this purchase which brought our total cost to approximately $16. Double score!


0 comments:

Post a Comment