We've got one month and counting until our baby officially turns into a toddler! Abigail has grown and changed so much in just one year that I simply can't wait to see how she'll develop over the next. While it's sad to say goodbye to the baby stage, I'm greatly looking foward to the next step and all that toddlerhood involves. It's just amazing to watch her personality blossom and to watch her grow into such a perfect little girl.
- She's still gabbing away and has added a few new words to her vocabulary such as "cookie" and "book" (although that one comes out sounding more like "booka"). I will say that "dadda" is still her favorite word, however.
- She's now walking! She still doesn't entirely trust herself so she'll often squat down and crawl.
- We've ditched the baby food. She's 100% on table food now. She'll eat most things but HATES peas.
- We've started weaning her off of her formula and bottles in order to transition her to whole milk and her sippy cup. While she'll drink water out of her sippy like it's going out of style, she's not a fan of the milk so far. I might try doing one bottle a day of milk instead of formula (she's down to only 3 bottles as it is) and see how that works.
- She loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the mornings with me and is great at playing independently, especially with books.
- She's recently discovered her bellybutton and will point to it when you ask her where it is.
- She can recognize her sippy cup, paci, stuffed monkey, and blanket by name. If you ask her where one of those items is, she'll retrieve it and bring it back to you.
- Most days, she'll only take one (long) nap.
- Her sleep is improving SO much. She's slept through the night several times over the past month and, even when she doesn't, she really only wakes up once or twice and then goes right back to sleep while I rock her a bit. She's finally getting the hang of putting herself back to sleep in the middle of the night.