But anyway, in two months my baby girl will officially be a toddler! Holy crap! I've been planning her party and can't wait for it to all come together. I'll be keeping things a secret until the big day, however, just in case any family members or friends happen to read my blog.
Without further adieu, here's what Abbey's been up to over the past month:
- She can stand without holding on to objects for support. She's attempting to take some steps on her own, but hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet.
- She's now got two teeth and is working on a third.
- She waves and says "hi" when prompted!
- She can now say "ducky" and "doggie".
- She is into everything. We desperately need to figure out what we're going to do about baby-proofing the Christmas tree this year. I can just see the whole thing tipping over.
- At her 9 month pediatrician appointment, she weighed in at 18 lbs. 13 oz. and measured 27" long.
- Her sleeping has improved tremendously. Even though naps are still touch and go, she now only wakes up once or twice a night. Oh, sweet relief!
- She's still wearing a size 4 in diapers but I think I'm going to move her up to 12-18 month clothing with the start of next month. I've noticed that some of her pants are beginning to look like they're too short on her again and are starting to get a tiny bit tight in the waist.
- She's tried just about every high-allergen food (under the consulation of our pedi as there are no food allergies in our family) and she has done very well with all of them. She's tried scrambled eggs, peanut butter, and seafood.
- She's figured out how to signal "up" when she wants you to pick her up.