CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

16 Weeks

I don't really have anything new to report since last week. I'm still feeling the same, although I'm still waiting for more of my energy to come back. I'm typically still exhausted by 6pm each night. My bump still isn't really a "bump" so to speak - my waistline just continues to get thicker and thicker. Even though I haven't gained any weight thus far, I feel like I've gained about 40 lbs.! The only new development is that I've started to feel pressure occasionally on my pubic bone. It's not uncomfortable but it's certainly noticeable.

According to Baby Center this week, our baby is now about the size of an avacado - 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. Baby's legs are much more developed, its head is more erect than it has been, and its eyes have moved closer to the front of its head. Baby's ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of the scalp has begun, though locks of hair aren't recognizable yet. Toenails have even started to grow. There's a lot happening inside as well - the heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day and this amount will continue to increase as our baby continues to develop.


0 comments:

Post a Comment