CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

18 Weeks

Only one more week to go until our big ultrasound! I'm excited beyond words!

Over the past week I've started feeling more movement although it's still not extremely obvious. It still feels simply like a goldfish swimming in my abdomen at times. I also think the heat and humidity here have started to weigh heavily on me (I truly feel for all those women who are 8-9 months along right now - I think I would very literally lose my mind). I'm exhausted by about 5pm onwards and have zero energy. I've also been extremely moody. Poor Mike, last night I yelled at him for every single thing he did. I finally ended up picking up an additional iron supplement at Target to see if that helps with my energy level at all although I haven't yet noticed a significant difference. I still don't really have much of a baby belly - it mostly looks like I've just eaten a few too many pizzas over the past month. I'm "fluffier" than I've ever been, that's for sure.

From Baby Center this week, head to rump, our baby is about 5 1/2 inches long and weighs almost 7 ounces. The baby's busy flexing its arms and legs — movements that I'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. The baby's blood vessels are visible through its thin skin and its ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from the head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around its nerves, a process that will continue for a year after birth. If I'm having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If I'm having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now but he may hide them from us during an ultrasound.



0 comments:

Post a Comment