CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

20 Weeks

We've reached the halfway point!

I've still been feeling great, however, I've really been dragging due to the extreme heat and humidity we've had here lately. I'm ready for a nap by around 6pm each night and have very little energy to do much around the house. Since we decided to put off installing central air in the new house until next summer, Mike has installed a window air conditioner in our master bedroom and I've been spending my evenings in there. My headaches have been even more frequent and severe than in the past thanks to my allergies (which have only gotten worse since being pregnant). I'm greatly looking foward to the cooler temps. of fall when my allergies generally improve.

After finding out we're having a daughter, I've also started to work on the registry this week - I've never been so overwhelmed! There are so many choices to make that it's cauding my head to spin. It has been fun to finally purchase some baby girl outfits on clearance though for next spring/summer.

From Baby Center this week, our daughter now weighs about 10 1/2 ounces. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel - the length of a banana. She's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for her digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in her bowels, and we'll see it in her first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).


0 comments:

Post a Comment