CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

34 Weeks

Ugh. Let's talk about being uncomfortable. I'm exhausted from not sleeping well, my entire body aches, and no matter how I attempt to sit or lay, I can't manage to feel comfortable. I'm in a fairly grumpy mood today as a result, so I'm going to spare you my complaining and move right along to a more pleasant update on how Miss Abbey herself is doing.

From Baby Center this week, our baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers (which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born) are filling her out and making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. In terms of potential premature labor, most babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.



0 comments:

Post a Comment