On another note, can you believe that I've already started planning Abigail's 1st Birthday party? I simply can't come to terms with the fact that it's only a few months away. I think I really want to go with a cute owl theme, but I guess we'll see. I've already got some ideas in the works...
Aside from that, I'm mentally preparing myself for Abbey to start walking. It seems as if she went from crawling to standing within just 2 short weeks. I have a feeling it won't be much longer until she starts cruising. Unreal. I'm already chasing her throughout the house so that won't be much of an adjustment for me, but seeing her on two feet rather than on all fours is going to force me to realize that we're going to have a toddler on our hands very soon.
Here's what Abbey's been up to over the past month:
- She's been growing like a weed - she now wears all 6 month clothing and is still in size 3 diapers (size 4 to sleep).
- She's started finger foods! We've done puffs, yogurt melts, and tiny bits of organic string cheese thus far.
- She's eaten just about every fruit and veggie imaginable (eggplant, avocado, pears, peaches, apples, carrots, bananas, broccoli, sweet potatoes, summer squash, butternut squash, zucchini, and mango to name a few).
- She's crawling like a pro and is now into everything.
- She can pull herself to stand in her crib and PNP. We've had to baby-proof the entire house and remove all nightlights since she apparantly loves those.
- She's become quite the gabber. She's even added the word "dadda" to her gibberish.
- She's just about grown out of her infant carseat height-wise, so we've recently purchased her "big girl" convertible seat. I'll probably switch her over to the new seat in a few weeks.