CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

No Summer Classes for Me!

After looking over the available courses for the summer term, there are absolutely NO evening or online classes - let alone either of the 2 remaining courses that I need to take. I even attempted to look into doing a consortium agreement for the summer term with one of the other colleges in our area but didn't have much luck. Neither of them had any courses that would fullfill these credits for me either. It figures, one of the courses is a core Humanities requirement which has approximately 16 courses that you can choose from that would count as credit and NONE of them are being offered. I don't quite understand that one.

At first, I was a bit pissy about it since I'll now have to take these 2 courses in the fall and wait to officially get my degree until the beginning of Novemeber - IF they're even offered then. Then there's the issue of pushing back when I take the CFP exam (original plan was to finish school in early August, take a CFP review session for a few months, and sit for the exam in November). Since we're TTC, that isn't the most ideal situation but I guess sometimes you just do what you have to do. I'm finally starting to warm up to the idea of having an entire summer off from school though. Last summer was rough with the amount of homework I was assigned and I didn't get to enjoy much of the warm weather as a result. Plus, after taking a total of 33 credits this year all while working full-time, I could certainly use a break.

Either way, I suppose that if I were to get pregnant this cycle, I wouldn't even be due until late December meaning that in the worst case scenario, I'd still have a good month and half between when the fall term is over and my due date. I guess I'll just take this one day at a time for now and see what happens from here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment