CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Temps Below Coverline?

I'm 5 DPO and today my temp. dropped below my coverline. How does that work? What the heck does that mean? How am I supposed to know what's going on with my chart when it is never even close to being the same as other months? Considering that yesturday was a high-stress day for me, I really thought that my temp. would actually spike today since that's what it typically does from extreme stress.

Regardless, here's what I was able to find on Fertility Friend. I guess you really do learn something new everyday:

"The coverline carries no physiological meaning. It is just a visual tool to help you see your ovulation pattern. Whether or not your temperature rises or falls below this line does not necessarily indicate anything significant. Individual temperatures can fluctuate at any time of the cycle, for both hormonal or non-hormonal reasons. A single dropped temperature usually doesn't mean much. You want to look at "the big picture" and see a pattern of temperatures over time. As long as you can see a biphasic pattern and a trend towards elevated temperatures after ovulation, there is no need to worry about a single dropped temperature or two. "

I guess there's no reason to worry about it just yet.

1 comments:

Jen

Couldn't it possible be implantation?

Post a Comment