CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

30 Weeks

Holy crap! We've hit the big 3-0, baby!

Overall, I feel like I'm in a good place. Now that the nursery is really coming along (which reminds me, I need to post some updated pictures), we've settled on a name, and we received so many generous gifts at my shower last Sunday (yes, I'll post those pictures as well), I feel like I'm just about ready for this pregnancy to be over so that we can finally meet the long awaited Miss Abigail. I'm starting to get really excited for her arrival.

Mike and I have also started our pediatrician search recently. Luckily, our health insurance covers about 50 different pedis in our area, however, the bad news is that it's pretty overwhelming to research that many possible doctors for Abbey. We're relying heavily on word-of-mouth at the moment.

From Baby Center this week, Abbey's about 15.7 inches long now and she weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face.



0 comments:

Post a Comment