CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 5, 2009

Back From Interview

Overall, I think it went well.

I was the first interviewee of the day and I think I had some really good, concrete answers to all of the questions that were asked of me. I will openly admit that I was a bit intimidated by the atmosphere of the company since I'm used to such a laid back work enviroment and the office I interviewed with is very much the opposite. Also, the mere size of the company was a tad bit overwhelming as I've simply never worked anywhere that large before. It really did make me feel like I was interviewing for my first "real" job out of college which, I suppose I am.

I interviewed with the Senior Vice President of HR and one of the Portfolio Managers in the office and they mentioned that they had 4-5 others that were interviewing as well and that, if they're interested, they'll call me back for a 3rd time to discuss the position more in-depth. I'm supposed to hear either way by the end of this week.

Although I'm a huge proponent of not mentioning a pregnancy until there is a firm offer on the table, I waivered back and forth these past few days with whether or not I should since it's pretty obvious at this point (I didn't want my belly to become the "elephant" in the room) and ultimately decided to wait until the actual interview to get a feel for how the news would be received. As it turned out, I didn't bring it up. I was able to find some clothing that covered my bump pretty well and just didn't feel that the timing was right for the announcement.

It's all in God's hands now. While I feel this job would be a phenomenal stepping stone for my career, there are also several worthwhile reasons to stay at my current job, regardless of how miserable I am here. I think I've truly made peace with whatever the outcome will be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment