CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

38 Weeks

Yes, I'm still hanging in here.

I haven't had any more contractions, at least not like I experienced last week. I have my 38 week doctor appointment tomorrow morning where I'll get my first internal exam. While I'm slightly nervous since I've been told these exams can be painful, I'm excited (and hopeful) to find out whether or not I'm making any progress.

I've mostly just been enjoying these past few days of hanging out around the house not working. I've been too exhausted from not sleeping well at night to get much done otherwise, but it's still been heavenly to no longer wake up at the crack of dawn to get showered and dressed. I think I can easily do this for the next 3 months!

From Baby Center this week, our baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19.5 inches long. She has a firm grasp, which we'll soon be able to test when we hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color her eyes will be? We may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get lighter or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)


0 comments:

Post a Comment