CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

We Can't Keep It a Secret Any Longer!

We're cracking under the pressure! We've decided to tell our parents this Sunday on Mother's Day instead of waiting until after our first appt. and telling at graduation. I'm a bit (ok, ALOT) nervous since I know that I'll only be 5 weeks 2 days on Sunday and my chances of both miscarriage and/or a blighted ovum are still very high. I'm just trying to think as positive as I can right now and am continuing to pray for a healthy baby on a daily basis. The first twinges of morning sickness that I felt this morning are helping me to keep positive for the time being, but I'm nervous nonetheless.

On Sunday we actually have to go to a First Communion ceremony for two of our nephews and then are heading to my SIL's house afterwards for food. My parent's are always invited along to family functions that my IL's have because our families are so close and I've already confirmed with my mom that she'll be there with my dad. The plan for now is to buy "Happy Mother's Day, Grandma!" cards and put the following insert in each of them:

"I do not have a face to see,
or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
I don’t yet have a name.
You can’t yet hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It’s still too soon to sing a song,
or cuddle me so near.
But all will change come January,
That’s when they say I’m due.
I’m your new grandchild;
And I can’t wait ‘till I meet you!
All I ask between now and then,
Is your patience while I grow.
I promise I’ll be worth the wait,
Because of all the love we’ll know.
So what I have to give to you now,
Is a wish to you from me;
I cannot wait to be a part
Of our family!

Congratulations, Grandma!
Love, Baby M."


Call it pregnancy hormones, but it made me sob like a baby (no pun intended!) at my desk while reading it. My parents are very sentimental so I'm sure they'll love it. Mike's parents are probably the furthest from sentimental as you can get, but I don't care - they're still getting the darn poem!

0 comments:

Post a Comment