CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2009

We Spilled the Beans!

It was so exciting! We told our families yesturday at my SIL's house for Mother's Day. Everyone was thrilled! We found the cutest cards at Target that said "So, you're going to be a new grandma..." and gave one of them to each of our moms. I also stuck the poem I posted about a few days ago inside the card as well. My mom screamed and Mike's mom just kept asking if it was a joke. There were hugs all around - it was a great day! :)

Also, for my first Mother's Day, Mike got me the most beautiful diamond necklace with the figure of a mom holding her baby inside of a large heart. He said he thought it was fitting since this is the week where the baby's heart is supposed to develop and start beating. Since he knows I've been very nervous about there not being a heartbeat at our appt. next week, he said that he hopes it will bring me some hope and peace. It was the best present he ever could have given me (well, except for himself and the baby of course).

3 comments:

Heather R.

Aw, that is such a sweet gift from your DH. I love how you told your families! Congrats again.

Rachel

I'm happy you had such a nice Mother's Day. =)

Anonymous

I love the gift!

Post a Comment